The NIHR SPHR Public Mental Health Network has been set up in response to the increase in demand and interest in public mental health research and how this is applied to every day practice.
The Network aims to bring together researchers, public health professionals and members of the public to share research findings and provide opportunities to work together on mental health initiatives.
The Network has been created by the NIHR SPHR Public Mental Health (PMH) programme, which aims to build the evidence-base for effective public mental health practice.
What is the aim of the Public Mental Health Network?
This Network has been developed in order to:
- Keep up to date with new research findings from PMH programme
- Provide opportunities for Network members to be involved in the PMH programme
- Highlight innovative public mental health practice and initiatives
- Promote training and career opportunities for public mental health professionals, students and researchers
- Provide a platform for collaboration, learning and developing skills for academics, practitioners, policy makers, and members of the public working in public mental health
- Engage stakeholders, including academics, practitioners, and members of the general public.
Who should join the Network?
The Network is open for anyone to join, including:
- Members of the public interested in public mental health
- Public health practitioners (e.g. local government public health teams)
- Think tank, Third sector and charity, or commercial sector staff
- Policy makers (e.g. policy and strategy staff in central or local government)
Network members can expect to receive newsletters containing:
- Updates on the new research from the PMH programme
- News, policy updates, and publications relevant public mental health
- Guest blog posts from programme collaborators
- Opportunities for participation, collaboration or involvement in specific research projects
- Events and funding opportunities.
How to join
If you would like to join the Network please register here.
You can request to be removed from the network at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy notice for network registration
For full details of the UCL data protection statement (privacy notice) please see https://www.ucl.ac.uk/legal-services/privacy/general-privacy-notice.
For enquiries about the Network, newsletter or work of the PMH programme please email: email@example.com