The NIHR SPHR Children, Young People & Families (CYPF) Network has been set up to share information about the research and activities taking place through the CYPF programme within the School for Public Health Research (SPHR). The Network aims to bring together researchers, public health professionals and members of the public to share research findings and provide opportunities to work together on initiatives relevant to the lives of children, young people, and families.
The Network has been created by the NIHR SPHR Children, Young People & Families (CYPF) programme, which aims to build the evidence-base for effective practice to improve the health of children, young people, and families.
What are the aims of the Children, Young People & Families Network?
This Network has been developed to:
- Keep up to date with new research findings from CYPF programme
- Provide opportunities for Network members to be involved in the programme
- Highlight innovative practice and initiatives for CYPF
- Promote training and career opportunities for professionals, students and researchers working with CYPF
- Provide a platform for collaboration, learning and developing skills for academics, practitioners, policy makers, and members of the public
- Engage stakeholders, including academics, practitioners, and members of the general public.
Who should join the Network?
The Network is open for anyone to join, including:
- Members of the public interested in research with children, young people and families
- Public health practitioners (e.g. local government public health teams)
- Think tank, third sector and charity, or commercial sector staff
- Policy makers (e.g., policy and strategy staff in central or local government)
Network members can expect to receive quarterly newsletters containing:
- Updates on the new research from the CYPF programme
- News, policy updates, publications and podcasts relevant children, young people, and families
- Opportunities for participation, collaboration, or involvement in specific research projects
- Events and funding opportunities.
How to join
If you would like to join the Network please register here.
You can request to be removed from the network at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about the Network, newsletter or work of the CYPF programme please email: email@example.com
Spring Newsletter February 2023
About this notice
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) School of Public Health Research (SPHR) Children, Young People & Families Network (the “Network”) is managed by the jointly by University of Birmingham and Imperial College London (the “Universities”, “us” or “we”). The Universities collect personal data submitted through the registration form on the Network website, and are joint ‘data controllers’ in relation to your personal data (registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration numbers Z6195856 and Z5940050). In this Privacy Notice, in accordance with our responsibilities under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, we set out what information we collect, why we collect it, where we collect it from and with whom we will share it. We also outline your rights in relation to the information.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice, or you wish to exercise any of your rights (see below), you should contact the Network administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also contact the Data Protection Officer’s at either University by email at:
|University of Birmingham||Imperial College London|
|Telephone||0121 414 3916||020 7594 3502|
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information about people who register to join the Network:
- Which sector users work in (or if they are a student)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
We use Mailchimp to send and receive emails (including newsletters) in relation to the Network. By submitting the registration form to join the Network, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. You can read Mailchimp’s privacy notice and other information about how the service operates here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/.
We will not share your information with any third parties. Your data will not be used or retained for any purposes other than those set out in this notice.
How we store your personal information
Your personal data will be stored securely by Mailchimp under their standard terms of service. For more details, please see https://mailchimp.com/legal/. It will not be stored separately by the Network.
Your data protection rights
You can unsubscribe from the Network at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails or by emailing email@example.com. You can also use this email address to contact the Network administrator if you wish to correct any of the information we hold about you.
You can find out more information about your rights under data protection law on the Information Commissioner’s Office website (https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/), or by contacting the Data Protection Officer at either University using the contact details above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk