This project aims to inform the development of larger study that will be the subject of a Fellowship application. The fellowship would explore the work of Local Resilience Forums (LRFs) during and following the COVID-19 pandemic. In particular how the work of LRFs take account of existing social and health inequalities.
The objectives of the pilot study described in this funding application are to:
- Develop the networks to support my future fellowship bid
- Conduct a scoping review of the most recent existing literature
- Assess the feasibility of collecting relevant local documents (e.g. meeting minutes, plans or reports)
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders
- Submit a proposal for a Post Doctoral Research Fellowship and disseminate key findings from the pilot study.
Two LRFs have been selected for the pilot work; one with higher levels of deprivation and one with lower levels of deprivation providing a basis for comparison. In addition to supporting a fellowship bid, it is anticipated that the pilot study, though small scale will produce useful insights and outputs for the work of LRFs.