MARYWARD HOUSE, 5 - 7 TAVISTOCK PLACE, LONDON, WC1H 9SN
This workshop is an opportunity for the SPHR training community to come together and reflect on the importance of planning and taking control of your own career development. The workshop will be facilitated by an experienced career coach Margaret Doyle-Walsh, and offers an opportunity to step away for a day and appreciate that career planning is a continuous process of self-assessment, exploring options, developing skills and being proactive in having a professional identity. This workshop aims to equip you with the skills to take charge of your career, leaving with a clear action plan to enable you move your career forward, with confidence, in a proactive manner.
By the end of this one-day interactive workshop you will:
- Have opportunity to connect with each other and discuss careers with your peers
- Reflect on your career goals and the career opportunities for your chosen career path
- Value your knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Explore the challenges you are currently facing on your career journey.
- Understand your professional identity
- Overcome potential barriers to the next stage of your career journey, taking inspiration from guest speakers
- Confidence to go ahead, take charge and be proactive with practical and creative steps to drive your career
10.00 – 10.30: Networking Breakfast
10.30 – 10.40: Welcome from SPHR
Session 1: My career trajectory
10.40 -11.30: Group Coaching, values and skills
11.30 – 11.50: Careers and Questions, Professor Ashley Adamson and Professor Rona Campbell
11.50 – 12.20: Facilitated reflective discussion break out, transferable skills, career options, personal development plan
Session 2: My professional identity
12.20 – 13.10: Group coaching, creating a professional identity
13.10 – 14.10: Networking Lunch
14.10 – 14.35: Career story and creating my professional identity, Dr Thomas Burgoine, Senior Research Associate
14.35 – 15.00: Facilitated reflective discussion break out, action planning
Session 3: Preparing for interviews
15.00 – 15.25: Interview experience stories
15.25 -16.05: Proactive Interviewing approach
Session 4: Bringing it all together
16.05 – 16.20: Reflective networking and snack time
16.20 – 16.45: Career story and working with LA, Dr Michael Dalili, Senior Research Associate
16.45 – 17.00: Group coaching
Your safety is very important to us, please read our SPHR In person COVID-19 policy before attending the event.
Workshop which has been designed for the NIHR and will be facilitated by Margaret Doyle-Walsh of LIR Consulting ( ABOUT LIR CONSULTING ) .