Room LOB 101, Birmingham Library Centenary Sq. Please come to the welcome desk located at Birmingham Repertory Theatre Centenary Square, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2EP.
The SPHR Researchers’ Network (ResNet) will hold its annual event in person on 1st September 2022 from 10am–4pm at Birmingham Library Centenary Sq, Birmingham B1 2SN.
ResNet is a community for SPHR Early Career Researchers (ECRs) interested in public health research and provides opportunities for networking, training and funding.
The event will include talks from a number of exciting speakers and provide networking opportunities for attendees.
9.30 Networking breakfast (optional)
10.00 Welcome from Professor Ashley Adamson, Director for SPHR
10.10 Updates from ResNet – Dr Katie Powell, Chair of SPHR ResNet and Mario Martínez-Jiménez, Deputy Chair of SPHR ResNet
10.20 Networking bingo
10.50 Research and Policy, Lessons from the front line
- My research journey, from Primary Care Trusts to Local Government- Scott Lloyd, Advanced Public Health Practitioner, Middlesbrough Council and Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
- Public health policy making at the Department of Health and Social Care – Beelin Baxter, Senior Policy Manager, Department of Health and Social Care
- Research on the front line – Opportunities for SPHR by Ashley Adamson (PHPES, LACoR)
- Panel discussion
11.50 Networking by research interest
12.25 ResNet community building #part1 – Andi Sull, SPHR Academic Career Development Training Manager and Amy Johnson, SPHR Communications Manager
12.40 Networking lunch
13.15 Career Journey experiences
- How Do People Get Academic Jobs – Dr Anthony Laverty, Imperial College London, School for Public Health
- Developing a career in health economics – it’s all about the R’s – Professor Emma Frew, PHRESH, University of Birmingham
14.15 Refreshment break
14.30 Networking – Rose, Thorn, Bud
15.15 How to write good? From scientific articles to grants- Professor G.J. Melendez, University of Exeter, Associate Director for PI&E and deputy Academic Career Development Lead for SPHR
16.15 ResNet community building #part2 – Andi Sull, SPHR Academic Career Development Training Manager and Amy Johnson, SPHR Communications Manager
16.30 Networking and Close
Who can attend this event?
Registration is now closed as event is now at full capacity.
For more information please contact email@example.com